What We Do
The County Administrative Office performs general administration and management of County government functions, under the direction of the Board of Supervisors (BOS). One of the primary functions of the County Administrative Office is to oversee preparation, adoption and administration of the annual County budget, which serves as the driver for virtually all services provided by County government.
- Prepares and maintains the County's Policies and Procedures Manual and the County Ordinance Code.
- Analyzes proposed State legislation
- Assists in compiling the County's state and federal legislative priorities
- Provides guidance and assistance to County departments in the performance of their duties
- Responds to inquiries from other governmental entities and members of the general public on a wide range of topics concerning the operation of County government
- Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
- Geothermal Resource Royalties
- Preparing and administering the Grand Jury's annual budget
- Public Defender
- Marketing and Economic Development