The primary purpose of the Community Development Department is to provide guidance and coordination for all land planning and development activities throughout the unincorporated portions of Lake County. The Department is composed of three Divisions: Building and Safety, Code Enforcement, and Planning.
News and Information
Planning and Building Division Hours
Counter or by Phone: Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm
Please note that there may be longer than normal delays due to housing and recovery efforts.
Notice to all contractors and applicants regarding permit submittal
- Owner’s signature is required on the permit that is highlighted in yellow. The signature must match the owners signature on the Deed.
- If a representative has Power of Attorney, their signature is acceptable along with documentation showing Power of Attorney.
- If you are unable to get the owners signature, the other option is to have a copy of the signed construction contract with the owner signature.
- If you are not the contractor, you will need written permission from the contractor of record, that you as the Agent may sign the permit on behalf of the contractor.
- This information is not kept on file for other permits and is required every time a permit is applied for.