Known Environmental Consultants
The CDD Planning Division is currently accepting consultant prepared environmental reviews on a limited basis. The following steps must be complete before an outside prepared environmental review can be submitted to CDD for review
- The cannabis permit applications must be deemed complete
- The Request for Review process must have concluded (30 days)
- AB52 Consultation must have concluded (30 Days)
- Biological Assessment must be completed correctly (following the state protocols)
- CEQA determination has been completed by staff (IS or CatEx)
Staff will review the submitted documentation and reach out to the applicant to provide one of the following options for the completion of an environmental review
- The option to have CDD Complete the environmental review
- The option to have CDD select a third party consultant (at the applicant's charge)
- The option for the applicant to select their own environmental consultant (please note that CDD as Lead Agency is still the lead agency for outside prepared environmental reviews - Work prepared by a consultant must be verified by the Community Development Department prior to the CDD submitting these documents into the CEQA system and Only the County can submit documentation to the CEQANet).
Please do not submit an environmental review with a submitted application as this could delay the permit processing. Any environmental reviews that have been submitted without staff's direction will be returned back to the applicant unread and unprocessed.
The CDD has prepared a list of known environmental consultants to reach out to for preparation of environmental reviews associated with cannabis cultivation permits.
The county is currently accepting Initial Studies from consultants on a very limited basis. At this time the CDD does not have an approved list of environmental consultants. The County is still the lead agency for outside prepared environmental reviews - Work prepared by a consultant must be verified by the Community Development Department prior to the CDD submitting these documents into the CEQA system.
An Initial Study should only be prepared once an application has been reviewed, deemed complete by the CDD, and any/all agency comments have been remedied. The agency and tribal consultation portions of the permitting process provide crucial information, that if not addressed, could impact the drafting of the environmental review, and/or delay the process. Potential land use and other related issues must be reviewed before an application can proceed to the environmental review phase to prevent any unnecessary delays. Additionally, applications still have to undergo the full permitting process if an outside environmental review is completed. For example, if a brand new application is submitted with a draft initial study, the application would still need to undergo a completeness check, Request for Review, AB52 consultation at a minimum of 90 days.
Please note the following:
- This is a list of known environmental consultants for information purposes only
- The CDD does not make any representations about the consultant's workload or qualifications. All submitted draft studies will be reviewed for completeness, sufficiency, and accuracy before being submitted to the State Clearinghouse
|EMC||Teri Wissler Adam|
|Ascent Environmental||Pat Angell|
|Dr. John Parker||Dr. John Parker|
|Roy D. "Trey" Sherrell III||Roy D. "Trey" Sherrell
|Pivot Partnership||Iris Patten|
|Eastside Environmental, Inc.||Crystal Keesey
|HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.||Ann Marie Perozzi
|A.M. Baird Engineering & Surveying, Inc
Civil and Environmental Engineering, and Surveying
|1257 Main Street, P.O. Box 396
Fortuna, CA 95540
|O’Connor Environmental, Inc.
|Michael Sherwood, PG
PO Box 794, Healdsburg, CA 95448
(707) 431-2810 Office
(805) 698-4343 Cell