Unlawful Detainer Assistant Registration
Unlawful Detainer Assistant means an individual or entity who for compensation renders assistance or advice in the prosecution or defense of an unlawful detainer claim or action including bankruptcy petition that may affect the unlawful detainer claim or action. The Unlawful Assistant must file and register in each county in which they perform their services. Per Business and Professions code 6407, the County Clerk shall maintain a register of Unlawful Detainer assistants and assigning a unique number to each Unlawful Detainer Assistant.
- Place of Filing
- County if which his or her principal place of business is located (primary)
- Any other county in which he or she performs acts for which registration is required (secondary)
- Primary or Secondary Filing
- If secondary, the applicant must state the county in which the primary registration is filled
- Personal Information
- Name, age, address and telephone number
- Verification of Identification
- Ensure you, the applicant, is not disqualified pursuant to
- Civil Judgement
- Criminal Convictions
- Registration revocations
- Suspension or disbarment
- Signature of you, the applicant, executed under penalty of perjury
- Bond in the amount of $25,000. (Note: A notary may not acknowledge their own signature)
- Photograph of applicant (passport size or smaller)
In addition to the requirements above, applicants who are renewing their registration must complete 15 hours of continuing legal education courses that meet the requirements of Business and Professions Code Section 6070.
You can fill out the form in the County Clerk's office on the 2nd floor of the courthouse at 255 North Forbes St or you can download the form here on our website.