- Cash payment of $65 for a Public License or $70 for a Confidential License; exact change is preferred, we do not accept checks or credit card payments
- Valid Photo I.D.'s that verify birth date and full legal name
- If divorced within the past 90 days, a copy of the final judgment is required
- A License is valid for 90 days after issuance, the ceremony must be performed within the 90 days. If the license expires, the couple must purchase a new license
Forms are in PDF format. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader free.
- Both Parties must appear in-person to apply for the license
- If either applicant is a minor, a certified copy of the court order will be required
- The marriage record is made available to the public upon formal request
- The person performing the ceremony is to file the original license within 10 days of the ceremony with the County Recorder's Office
- Marriage License Worksheet - (English)
- Marriage License Worksheet - (Spanish)
- Parties to the marriage must be living together as spouses
- No witnesses are allowed to sign the marriage license
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- The person performing the ceremony is to file this original license within 10 days of the ceremony with the County Clerk's Office
- This record is held confidential and may not be viewed by the public. The date of the marriage or a copy of the license may not be released to any party other than the applicants without a court order.
- Confidential Marriage License Worksheet
Note: A Confidential Marriage License must be issued for couples when one of the parties to the marriage is incarcerated. Call the Lake County Clerk’s Office at 707-263-2311 for more information.
Above are general guidelines only, additional information or documentation may be required by the County Clerk's Office upon request.