MissionHuman Resources' mission is to improve the quality of public service by empowering the County and its employees through services which promote the recruitment, development and retention of a well-qualified, diverse, productive, versatile and service-oriented workforce.
Responsibilities1. Countywide human resources management programs including recruitment, retention, selection, employment, compliance, classification, compensation, employee relations, management and employee development, employee benefits administration, and other human resources-related services.
2. Providing professional assistance and guidance to County supervisors and management in human resources and employee relations matters.
3. Overseeing the County volunteer and internship program.
4. Providing respectful, courteous, and effective customer service to employees, applicants, and the public regarding the County’s human resources program.
Employee Compensation PhilosophyThe County of Lake exists to serve the residents of Lake County, and all visitors to our County. In order to be successful, it is essential that we have a workforce dedicated to integrity, excellence and service. We are committed to recruiting for, developing and encouraging these attributes in every County employee and for every County position.
Employees are the engine and motivating force for providing high quality public service.
Effective County employees help the public in the right way, for the right reasons, in a timely manner.
This is our commitment to County staff:
- We will strive to attract and retain the best employees.
- We will support employees’ personal and professional growth.
- We will transparently communicate our financial situation, and work with employee groups to achieve the best available total compensation.
- We will encourage employees, help them achieve excellence – and see Lake County thrive, as a result.
The County of Lake seeks to provide the atmosphere for County staff and residents, alike, to reimagine what is possible, and work together to build a vibrant future.
Adopted by the Lake County Board of Supervisors July 10, 2018.