LIBRARY ASSISTANT – EXTRA HELP
The Lake County Library is currently seeking one qualified Library Assistant I to help provide library services at our Middletown Library. The full job description, including minimum requirements, is available on the county website by clicking here.
Applications may be submitted online via email sent to Library@LakeCountyCA.gov.
Rate of Pay: $13.09/hr
Work Hours: 18 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday as assigned.
Close date: Apply immediately, may close at any time.
This is an Extra Help (temporary) position that is limited to no more than 900 hours per year. Incumbents are paid only for hours worked, are not entitled to benefits, and do not have status. This position does not meet the restrictions for extra help positions for public employee retirees (CalPERS) authorized by government code sections 7522.56, 21224, 21227, and 21229.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
The following is used as a partial description and is not restrictive as to duties required.
• Learns and performs the processing of library media and materials and circulation desk activities
• assists at the circulation desk by answering questions, checking out materials, and locating library materials
• finds and reserves books and media for circulation
• issues library cards; collects monies for overdue and damaged items
• learns to assist library patrons on reference and inter-library loan questions and to refer patrons to other library staff as required
• re-shelves returned materials
• receives and checks delivery of materials
• learns and operates computerized library information systems
Typical Physical Requirements
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computer, telephone, calculator, copiers, and FAX.
Training and Experience:
Two (2) years of general office assistance experience or completion of office skills training or prior library experience as a library volunteer or aide.
The contents of this class specification shall not be construed to constitute any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee, nor shall it constitute a contract of employment. The County of Lake assumes no responsibility beyond the general accuracy of the document, nor does it assume responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information contained herein. The contents of this specification may be modified or revoked without notice. Terms and conditions of employment are determined through a “meet and confer” process and are subject to the Memorandum of Understanding currently in effect.