Choose from more than 5,000 on-demand courses from LinkedIn Learning, and watch on your own schedule.
Lynda.com is now LinkedIn Learning! LinkedIn Learning helps library patrons achieve more through transformative learning. Stream LinkedIn Learning courses taught by passionate instructors with real world experience.
Click the yellow button above to access LinkedIn Learning and enter your library barcode and PIN to start taking courses for free. Need a library card? Click here.
Please note that you can only access free course content through the Lake County Library by entering your library card. Bookmark this page for easy access. When using the mobile app you will need to choose "Sign in With Your Library Card" and put in the library code: lakecountylibrary (all lowercase, with no spaces).
What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand library of instructional videos covering the latest business, technology and creative skills. It provides personalized course recommendations and is designed to help you achieve your full potential.
- Learn skills trending in your profession
- Explore course suggestions based on your experience, interests and more
- Watch courses when it’s convenient
- Access content from your computer or mobile device—anytime, anywhere
- Learn from passionate instructors
- Stream courses taught by experts with real-world experience
Finding the content you want
The LinkedIn Learning homepage provides four easy ways to get started and discover new skills.
- Recommendations: These populate and update as your interests change, driven by data from your search history and activity.
- Skills: Self-select and edit your skills and interests to discover relevant courses.
- Browse: Explore courses across a wide range of business, creative and technology skills.
- Search: Find courses based on skills, subjects, software and more.
You can also access your current courses by clicking History on your profile menu. Trying to decide if a course is right for you? Click the Overview tab on any course page to view full course description and related topics.
LinkedIn Learning releases 25 to 30 new courses each week. To find them, use the search bar and sort by newest.
Using the player
With LinkedIn Learning, you can personalize how you view your learning experience.
- Adjustable playback speed: 0.5x - 2x
- Courses in full screen
- Closed captioning
- Optional video quality based on your internet connection: 360p, 540p, 720HD
- Transcripts to reinforce learning
- Zip forward: Click text in the transcript to jump to an area of interest
Watching a course
- Click on the course title or thumbnail.
- Consider the buttons located across from title: Layout, Add to Playlist and Share.
- Layout. Choose this to change from condensed to theatre mode.
- Add to Collections. Create a new collection or add course to existing one.
- Share. Choose whether to share your favorite courses on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
When choosing a course, watch the Welcome video to confirm the course content matches your needs.
- Browse the chapters to track your progress.
- Read the course overview and transcript located below the player.
- Check out any exercise files, quizzes and coding practice windows.
- Learn more about instructors in their profile descriptions.
- Check out the skills covered as well as any related courses.
Keeping track of your courses
Click See all my courses to:
- View your course status: In Progress, Remaining Time and Last Viewed.
- Add skills you’re interested in developing.
- Share a course with your manager, network or individuals.
- Add a completed course and its skills to your LinkedIn profile.
- Click your profile photo and select Saved from the dropdown menu.
- Click see all my courses and select the Saved tab.
Using collections & Learning Paths
A collection is a skills-based, tailored compilation of courses, put together by our content experts, that guide you through a variety of learning topics. You can create your own customized collection or visit our Collection Center.
A Learning Path is a role-based, curated collection of sequenced courses that guide you through an in-depth topic. This is supported by quizzes, practice opportunities and learning reminders. To get started with Learning Paths: Visit our Learning Paths page. To choose a topic, click Filter Paths.
Click a Learning Path to:
- Find out what subjects are covered.
- Learn how long it will take to complete.
- Discover the skills it covers.