If we cannot post a speed limit on our road, how can we control speeders? What is our liability if an accident should occur?

The California Vehicle Code states that travel on all public roads shall be at a prudent speed that in no way endangers property or life. The California Highway Patrol is responsible for public roads and will respond to calls on division roads.

The permanent road divisions are required to contribute to the purchase of a liability insurance policy covering all division roads.

Back to Permanent Road Division