I live on a private road that needs to be maintained. The neighbors don't agree on what needs to be done or how much each of us should pay; some refuse to pay at all!

A group of citizens can form a Homeowners Association, a Road Maintenance Association, a Permanent Road Division, or a Zone of Benefit. To form a Homeowners or Road Maintenance Association, an attorney familiar with laws governing such organizations should be consulted. To establish a Zone of Benefit, residents should contact the Lake County Department of Public Works who can provide information on the Zone of Benefit program, a Formation Application and a copy of the program Policy and Procedures Guidelines.

Back to Zones of Benefit