June 7, 2022, Statewide Direct Primary Election
Due to recent legislation (Assembly Bill 37 - AB 37), all active registered voters in Lake County will receive a ballot in the mail. If you do not receive your ballot at least two (2) weeks prior to Election Day, please call our office for a replacement ballot
- Return your vote-by-mail ballot by mail with prepaid postage as long as it's postmarked on or before Election day and received by June 14, 2022, or in-person to a secure ballot drop box, to a voting location or your county elections office by 8:00 p.m. on June 7, 2022.
- Election Day, June 7, 2022, polling place locations will be staffed from 7am until 8pm for voters to drop off voted ballots or, to be issued a replacement ballot at your assigned polling place. A list of polling places & official ballot drop box locations is included with your vote-by-mail ballot and in the County Voter Information Guides (Sample Ballot Booklets).
- 24 hour Official Ballot Drop Boxes are available during the vote-by-mail period of May 9, 2022, until 8pm on Election Day, June 7, 2022. All drop boxes are wheelchair accessible. Official Ballot Drop Boxes can be found at each of the following locations.
- Lake County Courthouse
- Lakeport Library
- Middletown Library
- Redbud Library (Clearlake)
- Upper Lake Library
- Child Support Services (Kelseyville)
You can check your voter status here My Voter Status - California Secretary of State.
You can register or re-register to vote here Online Voter Registration | California Secretary of State.
Receive personalized text messages, emails and/or automated voice messages on your Vote by Mail ballot by subscribing to Where's My Ballot.
Candidate Statements (Local County Voter Information Guide)
Candidate Statements – Federal and State Offices
Campaign & Finance
Whether supporting a local bond measure or running for a statewide office, laws and regulations require that candidates and committees report campaign contributions and spending to ensure transparency and accountability for elections.
For State and Local candidates, visit the Fair Political Practices Commission.
For Federal candidates, visit the Federal Election Commission.
Public Notices & Media Releases
ROV - New Location
MUSD Candidate filing
Notice of Special Election
Filing Deadline Reminder
Filing Deadline Extension
Random Alphabet Drawing
Randomized Alphabet Drawing Results
Bilingual Poll Workers Needed
Media Release VMB Mailing 6.7.2022
Media-Public Notice Process VMB 6.7.2022
Media-Public Notice L & A Test
Close Reg Last Day Primary 6.7.22 Media & Public
Media Release Public Notice Elec Observer Panel 6.7.2022