Permanent Vote by Mail
Any registered voter may become a permanent vote-by-mail voter. As a permanent vote-by-mail voter, you will automatically receive a vote-by-mail ballot for each election. To become a permanent vote-by-mail voter, you must
- Send a written request for Permanent Vote-by-Mail Voter's Status to the Registrar of Voters office which includes:
- Your name
- Your residence address
- The address to which you would like your ballot mailed (if different than your residence address)
- Your signature
- Complete an Application for Permanent Vote-by-Mail Voter Status obtained from the Registrar of Voters office, please call 707-263-2372.
- You may mark the box requesting Permanent Vote-by-Mail Voter Status on the Application for Vote-by-Mail Voter's Ballot which is included in the Sample Ballot and Voter Information guide that is mailed to you prior to every election.
- Apply in person at the Registrar of Voters office, during regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How to Cancel my Permanent Vote-by-Mail Status
If you are currently registered to vote as a permanent vote-by-mail voter and would like to cancel your permanent vote-by-mail status, you can complete the California Permanent Vote-By-Mail Status Form (PDF) and submit it to the Registrar of Voters office. If you have any questions, you can contact us at 707-263-2372 or the Secretary of State's Voter Hotline at (800) 345-VOTE (8683).