FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMatthew Rothstein (707) 263-2580[email protected]
Community Visioning Forum Planning Committee to Meet Monday, 6/6, 5:30pm
Promoting Tolerance, Respect, Equity and Inclusion in Lake County
Lake County, CA (June 3, 2022)
– The Countywide Community Visioning Forum Planning Committee will next meet via Zoom Monday, 6/6, at 5:30pm:https://lakecounty.zoom.us/j/96880489779?pwd=emxWRzA4QjJ5RjdCcFgyVWlmR3dWUT09Meeting ID:
968 8048 9779Passcode:
767952One tap mobile:
+16699006833,,96880489779#,,,,*767952# US (San Jose)
From any mobile or landline phone, you may also dial 1-669-900-6833, and enter the Meeting ID and Passcode above, when prompted. To contribute to this meeting from a phone, press *9 to raise your hand, and *6 to unmute, once you are recognized to speak.
The public is encouraged to attend and participate via Zoom. The full meeting Agenda for this meeting and further resources can be accessed at:http://www.lakecountyca.gov/Government/Boards/Community_Visioning_Forum_Planning_Committee.htm What is the Community Visioning Forum Planning Committee?
Residents from Lake County’s richly diverse communities watched on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, as the Lake County Board of Supervisors unanimously proclaimed “Promoting Tolerance, Respect, Equity and Inclusion” among their utmost priorities:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmnWM70JFI
This historic moment culminated significant community efforts, and was punctuated by each Supervisor reading a portion of the Proclamation, and affirming their commitment to host a Community Visioning Forum to unearth priorities in the following categories:
- Meaningful actions and activities that will build bridges where there may be walls;
- Fostering tolerance, respect, understanding, equity and inclusion;
- Promotion non-violence and non-violent conflict resolution;
- Focusing resources on underlying causes and conditions that lead to inequitable resource and justice distribution; and
- Relevant solutions for any social injustices, as they may come to light.
Community members and leaders from the County of Lake, Cities of Lakeport and Clearlake and Tribal governments that resonated with the Board’s Proclamation volunteered to be a part of this historic effort, and have served on the Countywide Community Visioning Forum Planning Committee. Nicole Anderson and Associates, LLC, will facilitate Public Forums in the coming months.