Lake County, CA (June 25, 2021)
– The Countywide Community Visioning Forum Planning Committee will meet for the second time via Zoom this Tuesday, 6/29, from 6-8pm:https://lakecounty.zoom.us/j/93190357711?pwd=ODNXU0dtMmVMQThBajA4MU0vbG11dz09 Meeting ID
: 931 9035 7711Passcode:
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,93190357711#,,,,*072333# US (San Jose)From any mobile or landline phone, you may also dial 1-669-900-6833, and enter the Meeting ID and Passcode above, when prompted. To contribute to this meeting from a phone, press *9 to raise your hand, and *6 to unmute, once you are recognized to speak.
The public is encouraged to attend and participate via Zoom. The full meeting Agenda for this meeting and further resources can be accessed at:http://www.lakecountyca.gov/Government/Boards/Community_Visioning_Forum_Planning_Committee.htm What is the Community Visioning Forum Planning Committee?
Residents from Lake County’s richly diverse communities watched on Tuesday, February 23, as the Lake County Board of Supervisors unanimously proclaimed “Promoting Tolerance, Respect, Equity and Inclusion” among their utmost priorities:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmnWM70JFI
This historic moment culminated significant community efforts, and was punctuated by each Supervisor reading a portion of the Proclamation, and affirming their commitment to host a Community Visioning Forum to unearth priorities in the following categories:
• Meaningful actions and activities that will build bridges where there may be walls;
• Fostering tolerance, respect, understanding, equity and inclusion;
• Promoting non-violence and non-violent conflict resolution;
• Focusing resources on underlying causes and conditions that lead to inequitable resource and justice distribution; and
• Relevant solutions for any social injustices, as they may come to light.
Community members and leaders from the County of Lake, Cities of Lakeport and Clearlake and Tribal governments that resonated with the Board’s Proclamation volunteered to be a part of this historic effort, by applying for a spot on the new Countywide Community Visioning Forum Planning Committee.