Lucerne, CA – Lake County Continuum of Care (LCCoC) is pleased to announce the availability of two grant opportunities through the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program.
Federal ESG funds are available in two grants:
• a $124,579 Formula Allocation Grant for Rapid Rehousing Programs only, and
• a $124,579 Regional Competition Grant for Emergency Shelter or Rapid Rehousing Programs
Additional ESG funds from for State of California shall be available by notice of funding availability later this summer. Agencies applying must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or government agency that serves those struggling with homelessness or at-risk of becoming homeless in Lake County. Agencies may apply for both grant opportunities; however the programs must meet the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) definition of Rapid Rehousing or Emergency Shelter. Local applicants must meet the 100% match funding requirements outlined in the ESG NOFA for the full grant allotment:
In making funding recommendations to HCD, Lake County Continuum of Care shall use a process which is:
• Fair and open and avoids conflicts of interest in project selection, implementation, and the administration of funds;
• Considers selection criteria reasonably consistent with the criteria used by the Department in section 8407;
• Complies with the requirements of sections 8408 and 8409;
• Incorporates reasonable performance standards as set forth in the Action Plan based on HUD requirements and guidance. If the applicant has not implemented the proposed activity or similar activity within the past three years, the Continuum of Care shall work with the funded applicant to ensure it meets reasonable performance standards specified in the Action Plan in the contract year;
• Complies with federal ESG requirements; and
• Considers any other practices promoted or required by HUD.
For more information and application, go to:
Two (2) complete original applications and one USB flash drive of the hardcopy application with signatures must be received by the LCCoC no later than 11 am. Pacific Standard Time on Monday, May 27, 2019. Applications should be sent to:
Lake County Continuum of Care
PO Box 1024
Lucerne, CA 95458
As these grants are highly competitive, a funding panel consisting of LCCoC leadership and community volunteers shall decide which two applications will be submitted to HCD.
The Lake County Continuum of Care is a HUD-designated organization that promotes communitywide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness. LCCoC: provides funding for efforts by nonprofit providers and State and local governments to quickly rehouse homeless individuals and families, while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused to homeless individuals, families, and communities by homelessness; promotes access to and effects utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and optimizes self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
Technical Assistance is available. For more information, contact Scott Abbott of Lake County Continuum of Care, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707)274-9101.