An important message from the Lake County Continuum of Care and Lake County Behavioral Health Services.
Lucerne, CA (March 30, 2020) – Lake County Continuum of Care (LCCoC) is pleased to announce the availability of two grant opportunities through the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program.
These Balance of State (BoS) ESG funds are available in two grants:
• a $118,568 Formula Allocation Grant for Rapid Rehousing Programs only, and
• a $118,567 Regional Competition Grant for Emergency Shelter or Rapid Rehousing Programs
Agencies applying must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or government agency that serves those struggling with homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless in Lake County.
Agencies may apply for both grant opportunities; however the programs must meet the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) definition of Rapid Rehousing or Emergency Shelter. Local applicants must meet the 100% match funding requirements outlined in the ESG NOFA for the full grant allotment:
In making funding recommendations to HCD, Lake County Continuum of Care shall use a process that is:
• Fair and open and avoids conflicts of interest in project selection, implementation, and the administration of funds;
• Considers selection criteria reasonably consistent with the criteria used by the Department in section 8407;
• Complies with the requirements of sections 8408 and 8409;
• Incorporates reasonable performance standards, as set forth in the Action Plan based on HUD requirements and guidance. If the applicant has not implemented the proposed activity or similar activity within the past three years, the Continuum of Care shall work with the funded applicant to ensure it meets reasonable performance standards specified in the Action Plan in the contract year;
• Complies with federal ESG requirements; and
• Considers any other practices promoted or required by HUD.
For more information and a BoS application, go to:
Two (2) complete original applications and one USB flash drive of the hardcopy application with signatures must be received by the LCCoC no later than 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Monday, May 18, 2020. Applications should be sent to:
Lake County Continuum of Care
PO Box 1024
6302 Thirteenth Avenue
Lucerne, CA 95458
A funding panel consisting of LCCoC leadership and community volunteers shall decide which two applications will be submitted to HCD by 5:00 pm on Thursday, May 28, 2020.
The Lake County Continuum of Care is a HUD-designated organization that:
• Promotes communitywide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness;
• Provides funding for efforts by nonprofit providers and State and local governments to quickly rehouse homeless individuals and families, while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused to homeless individuals, families, and communities by homelessness;
• Promotes access to and effects utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and
• Optimizes self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
Technical assistance is available. For more information, contact Scott Abbott, Program Manager, Lake County Continuum of Care at [email protected] or (707) 274-9101.