- Books & More
- Catalog & My Account
Catalog & My Account
Search the Catalog
The Library Catalog includes the collections of the Lake, Sonoma, and Mendocino County Libraries. You can request materials online through the library catalog and pick them up at your local branch for free.
Click the login link at the top of the Library Catalog and use your library card number and your library pin (the last 4 digits of your phone number) to:
- Request books
- View your Account
- Renew Books
- Check your Due Dates
- Sign up for Text Messages (SMS Notifications)
Click the question mark icon at the top of the Catalog page to learn how the catalog works.
How to Find Items
You can visit our catalog to find items available for request. You can then use your library card and PIN to request the items. The library will notify you via phone, text, or email when your holds are ready.
Items available at your local branch will be ready for pickup faster.
- In the Library Catalog, enter your search terms, such as a book title, author, or subject. Click search.
- Scroll down the list of items to find which you would like to request.
- On a Computer: Click place request. On a Mobile Device: Click the three vertical dots next to an item and choose place request.
- If you aren't logged in you will be asked to put in your library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number).
- In the drop-down menu, choose the branch you would like to pick up your item at and click Place Request, and then OK.
If you want to browse everything the library system has to offer you can hit search without putting any search terms in the box. You can then use the Subject, Genre, or Collection limits to see what is available for a broad section of items, similar to browsing the different shelving areas in the library.
- In the search box, hit Search without typing anything into the field.
- On a computer: On the right side underneath Limit Search Results Subject, Genre, or Collection click View All. On a mobile device: Touch Filter Results and then Subject, Genre, or Collection.
- Select your desired limits and then choose Include.
- From the list of results click the request button to choose an item.
Staff will also be happy to help you find items over the phone.
Send comments about the Catalog to the Catalog Feedback at the bottom of the Catalog page.