The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) provides over 100 Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs for HIV related prescription medications. ADAP is a state prescription drug assistance program funded by Ryan White CARE legislation and state funds.
Who Is Eligible?
If you are a resident of California and are at least 18 years of age and have an HIV or AIDS diagnosis with a prescription written by a licensed California physician you may be eligible. This program is low cost or at no cost if your modified adjusted gross income does not exceed 500% federal poverty level based on family size and household income. If you have limited or no prescription drug benefits from another insurance you also may benefit from this program. You may be required to apply for Medi-Cal as part of your ADAP application process. Under some circumstances ADAP can assist you in meeting your Medi-Cal Share of Cost obligation.
The AIDS Case Surveillance Program:
- Provides active case surveillance
- Maintains the AIDS Case Registry
- Conducts epidemiological case investigations
- Ensures confidentiality of case reports
- Analyzes, disseminates, and evaluates surveillance data
- Supports identification of local needs